The Heights Coalition had a wonderful meeting that really showed how working together is incredibly important in the life of the community! We had a wonderful time of sharing the work of our hands and concerns of our heart. Great things are happening.
- Treadwell: The new principals are preparing for a community walk through. We will let you know as soon as it is scheduled, we very much want to walk through and see how everyone can pitch in to make the upcoming school year a success.
- Streets Ministries has numerous programs for kids this summer, including helping the MPD with a boxing program. Registration is this week!
- Highland Heights UMC had a food pantry and table talk every Monday. Our community has been chosen to participate in a White House initiative: Building Neighborhood Capacities Program. This is an honor and will take all of us working together to craft a revitalization plan. We need everyone who cares about our community to give input. Please call us 352.0313.
- We are having a Fourth of July Party at the Given Garden. We need help with food and set-up, please call Anna 326.4229.
- Derrick TD Brown has started The Academy a youth development program helping kids with transitional planning. This is an exciting way to give back to our community.
- Daryl McKinney has a ministry to music and performing arts that gives student studio time for good grades and community service.
- Leawood Baptist Church needs Peanut Butter and Tuna Fish for their food pantry. They also have a drum set, children’s music, piano, organ and children’s’ chairs that they need to get rid of. Call Leawood if you are interested.
- Registration for Treadwell will begin in July! We need to get the word out so everyone can start on time.
Our Next Meeting is July 2nd 7pm at Leawood Baptist Church.
1. Linda and Wayne Burgess, Residents
2. Dr. Suzanne Brown, Treadwell Principal
3. Amy Mortiz, Center for Transforming Communities
4. Denton Pearson, First Works & Troop 567
5. Fred Morton, The Corners
6. Anna Terry, Building Neighborhood Capacity Program
7. Allison Eddins, Building Neighborhood Capacity Program
8. Rebekah Ruppel, Resident, Christ Community Health Center
9. Rob & Darlene Williamson, Highland Heights UMC
10. Craig Taylor, CTC Intern
11. Amy Moffat, 2nd Baptist
12. Ladonna Tardy, IZONE Schools
13. Jared Myers, Streets Ministries
14. John & Elizabeth Pell, Highland Heights UMC
15. Rick Morgan, Resident & Highland Heights UMC
16. Sarah Gong, Resident, Memphis Teacher Residency
17.Mr. & Mrs. James Baker, Highland Heights UMC
18. Daryl McKinney, Resident & Youth Development
19. Derrick Brown, The Academy
20. Chris & Adrienne Miller, Leawood Baptist Church youth
21. Annie Byrd, Leawood Baptist Church
22. Vernice and Jasmine Foster, Residents
23. Alain Rodriguez, Resident & Christ Community Health Center 24. Kisha Greer, Resident & Teacher