The Heights Coalition had a wonderful meeting that really showed how working together is incredibly important in the life of the community! We had a wonderful time of sharing the work of our hands and concerns of our heart. Great things are happening.
- We met our new principals! Monica Wicks & Tonye McBride. They have a passion and commitment for serving our community.
- Treadwell Middle School will not be offering a summer program this year but they will soon provide a list of summer program alternatives to our kids busy and safe
- Our community has been chosen to participate in a White House initiative: Building Neighborhood Capacities Program. This is an honor and will take all of us working together to craft a revitalization plan. We need everyone who cares about our community to give input. Please call us 352.0313.
- Service Over Self (SOS) will be working on houses this summer providing minor home repair at no cost to the home owner–applications can be picked up at 2505 Poplar.
- Residents and community organizations are planning a Fourth of July Cook-out / Meet the New Principals Party at the Given Garden this summer
- Treadwell Elementary and Middle are looking for volunteers to help beautify the buildings inside and out, to help call 352.0313
- Leawood Baptist Church has many opportunities and programs for residents including a clothes closet, addiction support group, a support program for new mothers, Sudanese and Latino Ministries
- First Works at The Corners is offering a Summer Camp for 2nd-9th graders. Campers will meet every Tuesday and Thursday beginning June 25th and ending July 18th
Our Next Meeting is June 11th 7pm at Highland Heights Methodist Church.
1. Linda and Wayne Burgess, Residents
2. Dr. Suzanne Brown, Treadwell Principal
3. Ed Nance, Resident
4. Eric Robertson, Community LIFT
5. Fred Morton, The Corners
6. Anna Terry, Building Neighborhood Capacity Program
7. Allison Eddins, Building Neighborhood Capacity Program
8. Rebekah Ruppel, Resident, Christ Community Health Center
9. Jeffery Riddle, Service Over Self
10. Angela and Jecarlos Crockam, Residents
11. Sara Jerkins, Bellevue Baptist Church
12. Dr. Sharon Griffin, IZONE Schools
13. Tonye McBride, New Treadwell Middle Principal
14. Monica Wicks, New Treadwell Elementary Principal
15. Justin Siebert, Resident, Collegiate Academy
16. Sarah Gong, Resident, Memphis Teacher Residency
17. Leslie Garrote, Memphis Teacher Residency
18. Tricia Allen, Resident
19. Crystal Reid, Resident
20. Rev. Darrell Scott, New Tyler AME Church
21. Pastor John Koch, Highland Heights Baptist Church
22. Annie Byrd, Treadwell Teacher, Leawood Baptist Church
23. Vernice and Sequoia Foster, Residents
24. Denton Pearson, Treadwell Teacher, Troop 567
25. Alain Rodriguez, Resident, Christ Community Health Center
26. Don Harrison, Highland Heights Methodist Church
27. Angelia Allen, First Tennessee Bank