1. Treadwell is hosting a Think Show March 7th (6pm @ Treadwell) and Principal Brown is encouraging community members to attend. The students will present what they have learned so far this year. So y’all come out because these kids need our support.
2. The Serve-n-Play, or Spring Clean, will center around Treadwell. The community volunteers will focus on cleaning streets that are west of the school. After the clean-up there will be a party at Treadwell with food, music, a moon bounce and lots of other fun activities for the whole family.
3. Community members want to see job listings, safety information, an advice column, more events on the calendar and more interviews on the website. We will make this happen so get ready!
iZone Updates – Mrs. Tardy-Hill with the iZone schools for MCS joined us last night and filled us in on a few updates.
1. The application deadline for the new principal positions at Treadwell Elementary and Middle has been extended until March 8th. iZone wants to make sure that they find the right person for the job.
2. iZone is funded through School Improvement Grants (SIG). The funding comes from the federal government through Race To The Top funds. SIG is annually funded so Treadwell will have to re-apply every year.
3. Personalized curriculum, special tutors, child counselors, longer school days and an extended school year will all funded through the SIG program.
4. Treadwell has until 2015 to improve student performance and get out of the bottom 5% of schools.
5. Mrs. Tardy, with iZone schools, inspired all who attended by saying “The community will make this school great.”
6. Linda Burgess asked for everyone to join us noon on March 12th at Brinkley Heights (3275 Rosamond) to prayer walk during our lunch break. This is a powerful time of community.
7. The Corners is have an Education Forum on March 7th at the Center for Transforming Community. You can RSVP here.
8. Next Meeting: April 2nd, @ New Tyler AME 7pm.
1. Linda and Wayne Burgess, residents
2. Ladonna Tardy, iZone Schools
3. Dr. Suzanne Brown, Treadwell Principal
4. Ed Nance, resident
5. Victoria Noblett, resident
6. Ashley Cash, Community LIFT
7. Fred Morton, The Corners
8. Larry Reed, Collegiate Academy & resident
9. Leah Lutterll, Memphis Teacher Residency & resident
10. Anna Terry, Building Neighborhood Capacity Program
11. Allison Eddins, Building Neighborhood Capacity Program