1. April 27th we will have a neighborhood SERVE & PLAY event. Everyone is invited to join us from 9-11 for a neighborhood street clean followed by a celebration at Treadwell from 11-1.
This will be an ALL HANDS ON DECK event, so we will be asking everyone to contribute volunteers and money!
2. Clean Memphis is helping to organize the Spring Clean and they brought along a watershed demonstration. In the picture you see Ashonti Harper and Jasheve Tapplin learning from Cindy Black of Clean Memphis.
3. The Treadwell Neighborhood has been awarded a Pedestrian Safety Improvement Grant that will include many improvement across Highland at Given and Guernsey by the end of the school year!
4. There is an iZone meeting February 7th 5:30pm in the Treadwell Auditorium. If you have questions about the transition to an iZone school, please join us at the meeting.
5. Our next meeting is March 5th 7pm at the Treadwell Middle School Library. We hope to see you there!
Those who attended
Allison Eddins: Building Neighborhood Capacity Program
Larry Ray Reed: Resident & Collegiate School of Memphis
Jeffrey Riddle: SOS Academy & Given Garden Representative
Johnnie Larry: Resident
Vanessa Luellen: Resident, Mitchell Heights Neighborhood Association & The Corners
Rev. Darrell Scott: New Tyler AME
Amy Mortiz: Center for Transforming Communities
Rebecca Ruppel: Resident & Christ Community Health Services
Dr. Suzanne Brown: Treadwell Middle School
Jared Myers: Resident & Streets Ministry
Leslie Garrote: Memphis Teacher Residency
Steve & Victoria Noblett: Long time youth workers in the community.
Leah Luttrell: Resident & Christ Community Church
Jennifer Brown: Resident
Janet Boscarino & Cindy Black: Clean Memphis
Anna Terry: Heights CDC & Building Neighborhood Capacity Program.